Being Producer: My Role and Risk Assessments


As producer I have help organise parts of the production folder, as well as helping decide what actor we think is best for the shoot.

I created a shooting schedule with the AD, to make sure we utilise our day of filming with the actor effectively, making sure our shots are in a certain order so we do not have to change the set too much
I made sure all the shots with a standard lens are grouped together, then all those that need a different lens for the macro shots. I then put all the shots together than need to be taken once the set is moved around. Even though we are not shooting in chronological order to our narrative, doing it like this saves a lot of time and unneeded extra effort.


I also need to create a call sheet which I am in the process of doing once our actor has finalised that he can attend the shooting day. I will also help organise food and drink arrangements once the actor has given his dietary requirements.

Why my role is important for this shoot
Because we have a paid actor, and only a limited amount of time to shoot, it is really important there is a producer to organise dates, times and a strict schedule so we make the most of our time in the studio and with the actor. I know exactly the narrative and the nature of what we are filming (as I work closely with the director) , so it means I am able to assess any risk and form a risk assessment, which is extremely important when working professionally. 


Click for...




No comments: