Slow Motion


Water is a very interesting substance on a biological as well as a visual level. Due to the density of it, it allows everything to almost be slowed down, and manipulates the image of the subject. When captured as a photograph it can be quite interesting and amusing, as it manipulates body shapes.

For my final Time art project I wanted to use water to show what happens when the human body is placed within it, and when this event is slowed down and sped up.

My idea was to get a fish tank full of water, and get someone to place there face in it for as long as they can while I film there reaction from below underneath. I wanted to capture the air flowing from there mouth and slow this down, as air bubbles can be unpredictable and create all different shapes. I also wanted another screen speeding up the process of fingertips getting wrinkled due to water. However, I found that there would be safety issues with this, because of the electrical equipment and the danger of water overflowing.