All this research, but what am I actually doing?!?

Below are some of the mediums I want to explore and create an output at the end of this year for the exhibition. Although right now they are very simplistic (and seem strange) there will be a lot of contextual and factual research behind them. The reason why I want to do a series of different thing is I hope to become more confident with using each program within the Adobe Suit (mainly focusing on photoshop, illustrator, after effects and premiere). Another possibility to consider would be using a 3D program such as maya to create small 3D printed sculptures. I later posts I will draw up my ideas, and begin to build them. I hope to record my method of creating things, which will be supported by help from lynda.com and library resources. I also want to carry out a photo shoot in the studio, and strengthen my lighting knowledge for group projects I will be working on. My aim this year is not only to become more confident with software, but to also become more confident on leading and producing.

1. Installation
A room of a Utopian/dystopian future - has projections or a human hybrid, sculptures of bio engineered food (fish tomato), projection into a fish tank with neon flowing fish ect

2. Photography
Photography series of grown bacteria.
Portraits of people with glowing parts of skin - beauty

3. Animation
A two or three small screen projection of shapes and colours that represent cell division or bacteria

4. Sculpture
Mini 3d sculptures created on maya or 3D software, and then 3D printed (if I have access to the facility)

5. Music Documentary - helping Josh

As I experiment more I will have other mini outputs, however above are the main projects I want to achieve within the next unit.

In future posts I hope to produce more detailed sketches.

No comments: