Technical Research for Installation




In terms of making standing walls I have had prior experience to doing this, when making our Y2 studio shoot, as well as helping build a Y3 film set which was a 3 walled room.

Things have to make sure when building walls include:
• Making sure the panels are straight together
• Two people are needed to hold the panels whilst one person secures in place with a power screwdriver
• Put screws into the top and button of the panel
• Attach back support fixtures (add weights and sandbags for extra support and safety) 




I contacted Tom Gilley asking if my installation idea would be achievable. He suggested my projector would be best placed on top of the table, as mounting it underneath the table may be too low, however he said the distance between the chair and projector would be fine.

 He also suggested using the 22’ and 32’ Samsung flatscreen TV’s as there are a large stock of them, they can easily be wall mounted, and videos can be played on a loop via a USB stick.

He also suggested for a roof I stretch a large piece of white material over the set to act as a ceiling. This would be ideal as it could allow light through if I were to put the lights on top.



Not only would using material be safer to construct and have in my installation, it also gives me flexibility on how I want this aspect of my room to be, and if I am going to use it creatively.

If putting the chair on the table would not work well, another alternative is to no have  a ceiling on the installation and have the projectors hanging from above down onto the chair. 

No comments: