Debbie Set Build and Continuity




Working on the Debbie set was an interesting experience especially being the from set build and through filming. It gave me a good insight to the organisation and teamwork needed in order for things to run smoothly, and each technical aspect involved to create a set film. Working with the actors was a good experience, all set crew had a good relationship with the actors making it a more enjoyable experience. When building the set the minor details had to be taken into account, and I think we all did our best to make the set look good in the short amount of time we had. I learnt a new skill as I have never done wallpapering before, so now I am expert decorator (maybe not quite)! When I took the role of continuity I first thought it was an exciting opportunity as it allows me to run closely to the script, and although a minor role, in a film like this it was crucial to make sure the continuity was as best as it could be. Although again it was a minor role, I do not think I'd expect it to be as difficult as I thought. I had log sheets where I would take notes, and also took pictures for reference.

Back Table Layout

Front table Layout

Back table layout when all three characters are conversing

First table at beginning scene with Jarvis and Debbie and 'The Box' 

Layout of the table dressings, coffee cup ect making sure its exactly the same every time its placed down


'The Box' very hard to get back to the same way again
Layout of the table in the scene with Pete and Jarvis

And the most difficult but important part... Jarvis's hair.
Working on the Debbie set was an big learning experience. I got to see the complexity of arranging everything, how to problem solve any issues with the set build in order to complete it within the short amount of time, and the teamwork in going to complete each day of shooting. I think it was a learning curve to see how sometimes things can take longer than expected, and working on shoots consist of very long days. I also saw the importance of having a planned shotlist and schedule and keeping to it. Overall my experience working on set build and set was very enlightening and exaggerated the importance of all the roles major and minor, and also the importance of teamwork.


No comments: