Testing Projections and Photos

Last week I went into the DFSA and did some practice test with projections, and projecting at different sizes onto surfaces and the material used in the photographs. I also want to try out a combination of photography, moving image and the material draping down, to give layers to the piece. These are my very first ideas, and I have to make do with using clips and tape to pin up the material, but this is the very first stage of thinking how I can use my work in a space. In some ways I want the work to have these multiple dimensions, or the photography of the physical body, the 3D animated body, and then the materials presence in person, as well as possibly having a sound layer too (however this is something I am thinking about/ developing).

Also after discussing the photos with Rosie, she said she preferred the photos that was more up close, and the subject is really pushing against the material, as the other photographs that have the material draped over her have a different feel and can almost be a different series. She suggesting maybe using some of the photos instead of displaying it as a series. This is why I am considering having one photo and one animation.




Even though the floor isn't really shiny, I really like the reflection effect it was giving. I think for my next experimentations I could possibly experiment with reflective surfaces too. Also something that I might test is projecting onto the floor or ceiling, in my next post I will put up some ideas of layout and how the projections could work.



(I apologise for the quality I only had my camera phone to take pictures.)


https://www.dropbox.com/s/79y66lwip28zw0w/20160419_165106.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwrhvzd9nn340um/20160419_125652.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1y04iv6xux0b4g/20160419_163609.mp4?dl=0

No comments: