Sound for my installation Research

Kathleen suggested in a tutorial that I could possibly add sound to my installation, something that would replicated the sounds of surfaces being manipulated seeings I'm basing my project on the textures of bodies, but also stretching out to artificial surfaces and then the interfaces and replication on 'skins' on computers. I did some research into sound artists that use physical materials to create sound pieces, not particularly to create an narrative, but to condense a sound down to its true, or simple form. Some do create a certain atmosphere, however it is interesting to see how the movement of sound on certain materials builds on its identity and texture. 







Using sound with projection to aid the visuals.

(This post will be added too, as this aspect of the project develops)


Sources: Licht, Alan. Sound Art. New York, N.Y.: Rizzoli International Publications, 2007. Print.

No comments: