Hybrid Illustrations Layout

Last year I had my hybrids on screens and animated. I still want to animate them for my website, however because I have done a large number of them, and have used brighter colours, that they would look better printed and displayed either down a corridor or on a wall of a room or tiled together on a wall. 

I have been researching to what looks best, sizing and I the next day what sort of material would be best for my particular piece. I went to the printing facilities at university and looked to see what type of paper I preferred. Looking at the paper sizes I think that the best size for my portraits will be A2 although I will do practice prints this week on different paper types including matte coated and satin sheets. 

In terms of mounting I have considered using clips which are regularly used in installation exhibitions, and to some extent add to the level of playfulness to the piece. My plan for the next few days is to tidy the portraits and do some tests. Below are some reference/ inspiration images for the layout. 

In terms of putting my illustrations on the showreel, they will be on my website as animation GIFs (I will animate the eyes to blink), as I want to take advantage of the flexibility of my website. In terms of installation though print is better for such a large amount of portraits. 

A test I plan to do tomorrow when I have one of the university projectors is to create a screen where they are lined up and tiled just to project on a wall and simulate what it could look like (without having to print them out so soon). 

No comments: