Tutorial with Kathleen


My tutorial with Kathleen was really helpful, and helped me to see how I can incorporate my interests into my work. For A Level I did media studies, English and Biology, and when deciding what path I wanted to take for university I had to choose between biology or a creative course. This was a hard decision, but the reason I chose a creative course as I felt I had the opportunity to express myself and explore in my own way, although I still have a interest in research science (particularly biology).

When deciding I was looking at courses like zoology, which includes the study of animals, plants and ecosystems. When I mention this Kathleen recommended artist, books and ideas which could inspire me in terms of research into this other interest I have. I took some notes below into things I can think about when researching for ideas.



  • Relationship between animals and humans
  • Hierarchy
  • Evolution
  • Hybrid
  • DNA
  • How did they develop knowledge to communicate
  • Sculptural - animal body parts - reference to science
  • LED lights
  • Tiger fish transparent embryo - studied
  • Adam Zaretsky
  • Art and science now Stephen wilson
  • The molecular gaze Anker
  • Kathy high
  • Francis Stacy ethics


Im definitely going to look into these things, experimenting and documenting my findings. Although I am not sure what my core idea is going to be, I would really love to try and create something within expanded cinema, so an installation that may contain projections and objects. I would really like to make a physical object/ sculpture as well as something digital, as I think they very much compliment each other.




No comments: