Unity - Adding a background and Lighting

In order to create a background for my game the gameobject quad was added to the scene. In the materials section you can see all the texture for the project. I dragged the nebula texture onto the quad.  I then resized the quad to fit the dimensions of my game project. 





There were 3 types of lighting I used to add a bit of depth to the game. First I added a directional white light to most of the ship from the side. Then a fill like was added which was a directional light with a colour of my choice. For now I choose a green-blue as if its reflecting the colours of space. This gives the ship and other objects in my game more depth and makes it better visually. The a back light was added to the back of the ship so the back was slightly lit.






No comments: