Installation Idea

At the moment I want to to create a bio-art light sculpture and photography installation. I'm hoping to use traditional means of art (sculpture and photography), to create a digital light installation, discussing the subject of genetics, and bio engineering.

Plans
  • Create sculptures of rats, cats or rabbits out of tape
  • Install green lights in the tape sculptures
  • Take photographs of people in studio and manipulate their bodies in Photoshop
  • Print photography onto plastic
  • Install in frames or boxes with lights inside
  • Photography will consist of singular person in each picture, manipulated in some way. This includes skin/ body parts being animal like or skin glowing in certain areas (suggesting that we will be able to genetically manipulate the outside of our body to be more useful to us or aesthetically pleasing. 

When displaying photography, I'm hoping to make parts of the photography transparent so the back lights can shine through. 









 My original idea was to create a normal house hold room, with a chair, shelf and fish tank as props. On the chair I wanted to project a moving image or photography of a manipulated human being with animal features. I wanted to have a second projection on the fish tank, with animated neon fish to represent the GloFish I recently researched into and make it look like they are swimming around the tank. I wanted to also have a shelf with my 3D glowing animal models. However, due to materials and cost I do not think I would be able to achieve this.

No comments: