Unity - Customising my game

I did several things to improve the overall look and feel of the game.

In photo shop I created my own background using different paint brushes layer to create a galaxy like space scene. I coded it so that the background would move, so it would appear like the ship is moving through space.




Adding my own text


Main Menu
I created a menu selection by creating different scenes.

I used a manager (scene change) script and the button option which I attached the script to, which when pressed takes me to a selected scene.




 Ship Selection
 I made it so you can select a ship. The red ship is a custom model I made in maya and textured myself in photoshop.  When you press on the button it takes you to the game containing that ship,


Custom Asteroids

I added to the game controller so that a different asteroid can  be spawned in. The second asteroid I created was made in maya.






I changed the settings on the second asteroids to spawn in at different times, and be slightly faster. Because they are smaller and faster, they are harder to shoot, so I set the score to 10 points for each small asteroid you shoot.


I changed the texture to green so it can be easily seen against the background and other asteroids.



I also did other simple things such as change the music on the scenes.





No comments: