Animating the Screens


Stills from my 3 screen piece

Animation is still fairly new to me, although I know the basic methods, this still was a challenge for me, especially under standing how different body parts move and change shape. 

With my eye blinking animations I did 6 frames. I have looped the animation so that the hybrid blinks around every 15 seconds as this is the average blink rate for a person. All my screens will be looped however their actions will be at different times, as although each screen is related to each other, I still want them to be separate and unique. 






When it came to doing the third screen, this was a lot harder. I needed to think about how to morph it effectively. My first attempt of morphing was done in after effects using a online tutorial, however it did not look very good, and causes the edges of the animation to look slightly pixelated. Due to this is decided to do the morph frame by frame. Although it takes longer, and can be more frustrating,  drawing frame by frame allows you to have more control over what is happening, which was extremely beneficial to this particular project. 


Over all I am fairly pleased with my animation. I think this is something I will practice in the future, as not only is it very relaxing but in the end its extremely rewarding!


No comments: