My Sculpture




This is version 1 of my sculpture, which is part of my installation. I hope to secure it further, and add any touch ups once it is in place with my 3 screens in G03. To achieve this I moulded my body parts using clingfilm and clear packing tape. This allowed me to really shape the contours of my body, as well as allowing it to be transparent so lights can be placed inside. 

Applying the clingfilm and tape to my body was really strange, not only did it feel odd, but it made me notice every part of my body, and its different shapes. Even though this is not the main concept, the body can greatly be explored by applying different materials to it. 

The main concept of the sculpture is to show that even though we have these fantasies and ideas, when we experiment, we do not always achieve it. This is shown through my sculptures pose, and slightly weirdly shaped body. By using tape it also allows the sculpture not to be 'perfect' , however I really like the textures it creates.




No comments: