Project Development - Experimentation Fail


Sometimes I have ambitious ideas, although sound good, I come to realise that I do not have the technical skills to be able to do so.

My original idea was to take a series of photographs I had taken of the human body, and manipulate body parts to create a human-animal hybrid. Whilst doing research I noticed that there were a lot of photo morphs of humans and animals, and if I were to carry out this photography, it would not have essence of individuality nor would it make impact on the spectator. After further research  I decided how I wanted to create hybrids using an XRAY image style. Although there were tutorials on how to create an 'xray effect' on photography, I felt that it did not create the realism that I wanted. After experimenting I felt my work was not very successful, and was hard to create a successful effect.

Although this created negativity and panic, I became to realise that this is part of Fields and Frames, and what the unit itself signifies. I am constantly going through an experimentation process, whether I am successful with some experiments or not.

So taking the same concept I decided to try a style, which I feel it reflects something I enjoy doing, whilst being realistic of my technological skills. I used photoshop to create different coloured and shaped layers to make a portrait, whilst using photography that I took as a reference.


I firstly created the human version, and then animal version, with each feature in a different layer, so then I could merge them together.



My next step is to get feedback from several people. I do want to subtly animate my images so they can be put onto 3 portrait screens. 

No comments: