Memory Task

Facebook

Something I like to do occasionally is to look back at old conversations on Facebook and Skype as away to remember the times with my friends. Instead of taking any old Facebook messages I decided to show the first Facebook messages I sent to my friends, some of which was the first time I had ever talked to them! 
It's weird looking back and seeing how different me and my friends used to talk to each other!




This was the first time I talked to my roommate, we were pretty desperate to find a house. I found a post that she put on the UCA freshers page, and then messaged her because I needed to find a room mate and a house.




It look me a while to actually remember what I meant, but now I remember that it was the first time my friend got Facebook, and she had no idea how it works.






First time me and James talked, and it is on the amazingly interested subjects of iphone cases!








Just a little extract of someone I had to practically Facebook stalk in order to find them on there. Don't worry we are good friends! I promise...


Drawings

Over the years me and my friends have drawn pictures for each other, usually for special occasions. I really like to keep them as a memory as I can put them on a wall, and they always make me smile.



Handmade card my friends made me for my 18th Birthday.







My friend Rachel drew what was going to happen after exams.





My wall at home of collected drawings over the years.



Message in a bottle

This idea isn't a specific memory as such, but a general explanation on why friends as important to me, and why I they are what I want to remember the most in the future. To do this I created a message in a bottle, and wrote it almost like a letter to someone who finds it. 





Voyager Golden Record

The voyager golden record is a disk made of gold that was sent into space in hopes to reach a new solar system and found by other life forms. It contains sounds and images selected to portray the diversity od life and culture on Earth.


I have a friend who is interested in physics, so I thought I would create his own golden disk to portray himself, by showing images of what I remember he likes.


Photoshop Fun

So photoshop is something i've always just used for fun and unprofessionally. I wouldn't consider myself amazing at photoshop, however there is one thing I thoroughly enjoy doing and Im not bad at is photoshopping my friends heads onto other things.

Below is a collection of ones I have made in the past as well as ones I have made specially for this task. Each picture is relevant to what that person likes. For example, Lord of the Rings is my friends favourite movie so I photoshopped her face onto the DVD case.



In other words... I have no life!

I've also collected a few memes/weird edited pictures that my friends have created of each other and sent to me to make me laugh.