Methods for Photography


I wanted to create and display my photography in a more unique way, rather than just printing it off and mounting it. Because I am looking at the subject of recycled art/photography, I want to make some aspect of my photograph out of something that can be recycled, or had a different purpose beforehand. I had been researching alternative ways of 'printing' photos, and came across many methods that included making own formulas. However, I researched these methods where quite dangerous and expensive, as I would of had to deal with substances like ammonium citrate. Looking further I found the Anthotype method, which consists of crushing flower, or plants with distilled water and leaving in sunlight with a photograph to create a print of a specific colour (it still picks up the different tones of the photo). 

I think this would be an interesting way to experiment with photography, and connects with the subject of recycling materials for a new purpose. Flowers/plants can include spinach, Daisy, Red Wine, Pansy, Onion and Beetroot. Also another interesting thing about Anthotypes, is when on display they can fade, due to light continuing to change its tone. It is not a photography method for creating photos for long lasting memories, unless its kept in a photo album or a dark place.