Time Art Evaluation

This whole project definantly helped me become more familiar with After  Effects and the basic tools it has to offer. I am fairly happy with my final piece, as I have managed to show techniques using After Effects, as well as following my main idea of showing how the body responds internally and externally, to different situations/moods.

I used Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop to create my three screens. The teachniques I used in After Effects for my screens included, color correction, clip rotation, blur transitions, masking, clip stabalization. I also created the hear monitor animation from scratch on after effects.

Screen shot of how I created the heartbeat monitor. I changed the speed of it depending on how fast the rate should of been going. When I show the scared and excited reactions, I make the speed of this animation faster as the heart heart would be going much faster than resting.





I also used photoshop to create the outline of Josh for my middle screen.


How I created the reflection in the eye by using the mask and eraser tool, and stopping at each frame at the beginning, to make it as realistic as possible. 

Exported at the required settings.

I feel like I could of improved a lot of things in this piece in order to make it more personal, and experimental. Even though there are clips of Josh's reactions in this, I still had to use reactions and close ups of other people which I sourced, in order to make the piece more effective and clearer of its purpose. I could of tried to film the reaction of more than one person. I also feel that the transition to each reaction could of been a lot smoother and maybe more spaced out, as there are a lot going on each screen. Even though there is a lot to look at on each screen, I think this is good as it gives the audience a chance to watch it over again finding something new in the piece and take some time to work out how the three screens connect.

No comments: