Andrew B Myers




I also wanted to look into personal items and how an item can reflect a memory, however if I were to do this idea, I feel just taking a picture of an item would be boring, and could look dull. I really like this work by Andrew B Myers, as he takes some uncommon items, and puts them together in an unusual way, while keeping it colourful and interesting as well as meaningful.  Even though this is photography, at first glance it looks all most cartoony due to the pastel coloured backdrops, and colourful items.


Just an idea
I could take items that are sentimental to people, and take pictures of them in this way. Another idea was to take pictures of people in a studio, and make parts of them cartoonised. To relate this to memories the cartoonised parts could be related to their favourite childhood fairytale characters. For example I could take a photo of someone in the studio and cartoon there legs like a fish tail to look like Ariel from the little mermaid (if that was there favourite character). At some point in a later post if I were to do this idea I will probably sketch it out to make it more clearer. However the inspiration also came from this (Korean pop) music video, mainly because of the colourful backdrops and bright fairytale cartoon like appearance.



No comments: