The Life Cycle of Us

" Nothing is normal in life because change is constant which is actually a conundrum in it of itself. Life is a conundrum so it is a cycle that is to repeat over and over again. This has been written before and will be written again. Not surprising." 
~Ava Stanko

I just wanted to try and understand the idea of life cycles and how they are perceived, especially for humans. I feel like someone life could be a life cycle that continues to go around, even when it comes to the end of an individuals life cycle and they pass, memories, photographs and items will remain and their life will be relived through these memories. I want to show that in my photography project. I want to take the 5 individual photos and bring them into one big piece/ instalment, displayed in the shape of a cycle.



I kind of like this picture as it suggests that maybe there is more to the life cycles that people can see and that there is hope beyond the grave. Something that could also be explored in my photography.






The Boundaries of Life and Death from Saskia Kretzschmann on Vimeo.
This video has a very good visual representation of a life cycle also, and how it can be represented in an artistic way.

No comments: