Sound Main project ideas


I have several different ideas in which I think that could make an interesting experimental sound project for the picture that has been selected for me, EMBANKMENT.

Inspiration for my sound project 




In this movie I really liked the scene where she was sent a tape, and has to listen at the surroundings on the tape in to trace the man she is looking for steps. I wanted to do this for my project so the listener can picture the individual walking around the room, and have a good sense of setting.





Idea 1
The room will have different people looking at the exhibit and talking about it. The perspective of how we will here the sound is from one individual who will be walking around the room.  You will hear foot steps of the person, and they will occasionally stop. Depending on what side the people will be when the individual walks past them will be playing through the corresponding speaker, so the listener has a good understanding on where the people are standing.

This was my first idea, however I felt that this could be possibly boring, and won't experiment with sound enough, as I want to include and variety of sounds including dialogue, ambience and sound effects in my piece.


Idea 2
Walking/ running around the room looking in boxes but finding items (which make sound) inside. The person appears to possibly be running away from someone or something. At the end of the sound piece you will hear the person climb into the box, and here the muffled footsteps of the person who was chasing them walk past.

I could take a more mainstream approach and make it like a scene in a movie, where alarms are going off and the individual is running away from security/people.

Idea 3
Some one opens all the boxes which each contain a different item with a sound. The person will go around leaving each box open, and as another one is opened it will add another layer of sound which will in the end result in a track made up off different sound effects, similar to the tracks created for the album One Pig - Matthew Herbert. At the end, the person will climb into a box and the sound will go muffled.


Sounds I have already collected


No comments: