Marina Abramovic





I was looking at how artist uses the human body to create art, and come across this shocking article showing the extremes artists will go to, to create something that has a large impact on an audience.  The artist let the audience do whatever they wanted to her without her resisting. At first the played around with her (tickled ect), but after a while they became more aggressive such as taring off clothes, pressing thorns into her stomach, and drawing a knife to her neck.  This went on for several hours. This is very much based on the human psychology, and how we can react towards other people.


http://www.cracked.com/article_20116_7-horrifying-uses-human-body-to-create-art_p2.html


Even though this is very extreme, and I wont do this to my subject for my Time art. I want to adopt the technique of the subject (who is going to be in my time art piece) to react to certain videos/ images to see there change in response exteriorly, as well as showing what goes on inside the body.

No comments: