Sounds I need to record

After presenting my 3 ideas, the last idea was the best one and can be explored a lot more.

Idea 3
Some one opens all the boxes which each contain a different item with a sound. The person will go around leaving each box open, and as another one is opened it will add another layer of sound which will in the end result in a track made up off different sound effects, similar to the tracks created for the album One Pig - Matthew Herbert. At the end, the person will climb into a box and the sound will go muffled.

Joe told me to think about what sounds come from the boxes and if they will relate to each other. He also suggested in making the sounds personal to me. When I think about boxes to me its reminds me of all my old memories and toys that have been packed away for years being opened and looked at again. 
I want to implement this personal idea in my sound project but using the sound of toys to create a musical track. 

Here is a list of possibly toy noises I could use just by thinking of my childhood toys:

  • Wind up toy ticking
  • Jack In a box
  • Buttons from a toy cd player
  • Squeaky barbie doll limbs
  • Musical box
  • Tamagotchi sounds
  • Spinner
  • Gameboy
  • Slinky
  • Operation game noise
  • Lego In a box
  • Robot dog
  • Ferby
  • Rubix Cube
  • Scalextric
  • Toy cash register 
  • Spinning top
  • Connect 4


I want the tone to be positive, so I need to make sure the track is upbeat, and the toy noises do not make the piece sounds too creepy. I want it to reflect the positive aspects of my childhood, with every box that is opened revealing a new toy.

No comments: