Sorting the sounds and getting started

 Notes
If the sounds are uneven the sound compressor. Threshold sets the Max level, and then gain turns the whole this up.
Multichannel --> dynamics --> gate

Firstly we organised our tracks, renaming each one and cutting them into pieces and also compressing to neaten the sounds.




On the narration there was a faint buzzing sound behind my narration. I use a gate to try and remove the buzzing sounds, which meant when I was not talking in the narration it was completely silent and there was no buzzing sound. However, when I spoke I could still hear the buzzing sound. This made it obvious that I had made a gate and a different method needed to be used to get rid of this sound. Instead of using a gate, I decided change the EQ by finding the frequency of this sound, and turning it down. This did work, however there still was a faint buzzing sound (it did not get rid of it completely
). This might mean I need to re record the narration in a better location, such as the studio or a car.


Use an eq to roll of the low sounds and the hiss. 7 band EQ

Think about where you want the sounds to be coming from. If there are two talking talking you can put the dialogue from one coming for the left speaker, and the other from the right to create a sense of positioning and space.



Markers and memory locations can be added to the editing suit so certain points of sounds can be found more easily.

No comments: