Working on my Jabbawocky Sounds

Just like with my previous recordings, I imported my sound recordings into clips, organised them and cut then down. I also added fades to the sounds that cut off abruptly. 



Some of the clips I adjusted the volume using the pen tool, to create depth and make it seem like the Jabberwocky is coming from afar and walking towards you.

 With a few of my clips such as the sliding chair and barks which were turned into the roar/growl of the Jabbawocky and the sword swipes (which I changed to different pitches to make them slightly differentiate), I changed the semitons because affects the pitch.

 I also had to speed up and slow down some clips, to make them fit better in the soundscape.


I wanted to apply a reverb to several of my sounds. Instead of putting a reverb on each one I create an aux with the effect on it. I then sent all the clips I wanted the effect to be on down the same bus to that aux. The reverb I applied was ambient sound that made the clips echo and make forest appear large, and give a sense of surrounding.



I also experimented with the volume and pan tool, to make it appear like the jabberwocky was walking past and away from the character.





Once I made sure everything on my project was fine, and the sound levels were under -10db I exported/bounced it to the required settings.

1 comment:

dfsablog said...

You have documented your process in great detail. This is great and your blog is looking amazing. Loads a bit slowly though.