Using Protools


When importing my sounds clips, the sound files should be .wav . If  they are not protools can covert them to the same specifications as the protools file that I have created. This can be useful as it means I wouldn't have to rerecord sounds at the correct settings, however every time sound is converted it looses some quality. 




You can import the clips straight into the editing section of protools, each on an individual track, or have it imported into the clips side bar, where they can be dragged across when needed.

Trim tools


Using the selection tool I can cut out certain areas of the audio and get rid of them, or place them on a new separate track.


I can use each tool separately or I can select the option to be able to use all of them at the same time for efficiency.

By dragging from the top corners of the track I can create a simple fade out. This is important to apply to most of my clips so the sound do not abruptly stop.


With this particular clip I pulled out the drum beat from a section in the song using the selection tool. Then I put this on loop to create a longer track of this beat.


If I go into the audio suit I can change many things on a track including making the track play in reverse.

The mixer is a important part of pro tools, as it allows me to place certain reverbs and options in order to improve or manipulate my sounds. If I want to place a reverb on more than one track, instead of placing that reverb on every single track that needs it, I can send the sounds down a bus and through an aux. This makes it more efficient.

Compression can be applied if has big range. Useful for making sounds more even. It can also be used to make sure sounds do not go above a certain level.


No comments: